Submitted by Susan Powers on January 14, 2019
Feeling the need to take control? You’re not alone.
- The average American household owes $16,425 in credit card debt, which is an increase of 10% since 2013
- The Average Student Loan Debt is almost $48,000
- Only 32% of Americans maintain a household budget
- 56% of millennials don’t have any money saved in a retirement account
- 39% of both Baby Boomers and Gen-Xers have nothing put away for their golden years
Don’t panic, let’s define a few achievable goals to get 2019 off to a great start.
3 steps you should take now:
1. Payoff debt
2. Spend less by saving first
3. Utilize tax-efficient savings and withdrawal strategies