Did you know that as a business owner, your wealth management is very different from that of your employees or other non-business owners?
At AssetGrade we can help you capitalize on your entrepreneur status to build a financial plan that supports your goals and gives you the peace of mind that you are making the best financial decisions.
Build Your Financial Plan
We’ll help you build a fully-customized financial plan that complements your current lifestyle and aspirations. Your individual financial plan will take into account:
- Your ownership of your business
- Your plans for any potential exit or succession for your business
- Your savings needs, including retirement, college, and any other goals
- Your risk preferences
- Your current assets and accounts
- Your future financial goals
Set Up Your Investments
We’ll help you set up your investments in a way that best reflects your financial plan and takes your business ownership into consideration. While setting up your portfolio, we’ll be sure to:
- Simplify multiple investment accounts
- Optimize asset allocation
- Adjust for specific risk you may have resulting from your business ownership
- Minimize taxes
- Link all your key financial information to keep you up to date
Establish a (New) Retirement Plan
You are probably already familiar with 401(k) plans. You may also already know that between the contributions from you and your firm, you can put up to $54,000 into a defined contribution plan each year (with another $6,000 if you are over 50). Cash balance plans let you go well beyond those levels, up to an additional $261,000 per year. Cash balance plans offer significant benefits for business owners and partners who want to maximize their retirement plan contributions. Each participant has an account balance, and annual contribution limits are determined by age, with contribution potential increasing with age.
Some great benefits of a cash balance plan:
- Reduce business or personal taxable income with tax-deductible contributions
- Balances grow tax deferred
- Assets are protected from creditors
- Contribute much more than allowed with 401(k) alone
Monitor Your Investments
Markets change, and life happens. We know how important it is for your portfolio to stay aligned with your needs, which is why we are constantly monitoring your investments to improve your long-term performance. It’s not about panicking or chasing markets—it’s about smart, deliberate decisions.
As we monitor your portfolio, we’ll:
- Adjust regular contributions to accommodate your current financial situation
- Rebalance investments to keep your investments aligned with your target asset allocation, taking your personal and company holdings into account
- Seek opportunities for tax-loss harvesting
You’ll be able to view and manage your entire portfolio with our amazing tool. Know where everything is and what everything is worth.
Our Service Fees
Investors who work with an advisor tend to fare better. Advisors help to make sure your assets are invested appropriately, encourage right long-term behavior, implement the best asset allocation strategy, keep costs down, and monitor and rebalancing effectively. While a typical advisor fee is about 1%, a Vanguard study shows that working with an advisor can add about 3% in net returns each year. Learn more.
At AssetGrade, we strive to be fair and transparent and to keep the costs low for our clients. We do not receive hidden commissions or charge hidden fees.
Our Fees for Asset Management
Your Investment/Assets Fee
First $250K 1.0% of assets
$250K - $1M 0.8% of assets
$1M - $2M 0.7% of assets
$2M - $5M 0.6% of assets
$5M + 0.5% of assets
For your Retirement Plan needs, contact us for more information on a custom proposal.